Beavers are usually aged between six and eight years old, though they can be as young as five and three quarters.
They usually meet weekly to take part in a wide range of activities including games, crafts, singing, visits and good turns, along with plenty of outdoor activities.
If you have a questions or would like some help please contact us.
The Beaver Scout Promise
I promise to do my best
To be kind and helpful
And to love God.
The Beaver Scout Law
Scouting is available to people of all faiths.
During each of the Virtual Camps you have the opportunity to earn the 6 specifically designed badges. You can see all the badges on the Virtual Camp by clicking on the image above. The badge requirements for our section are below.
Complete 10 of the challenges.
- Do something to celebrate 35 years of Beaver Scouting – don't forget to send us a picture or a quick message to let us know what you have been doing
- Earn 2 of the 6 virtual camp badges - https://www.kentscouts.org.uk/virtualcamps
- Celebrate a national holiday
- Complete at least one Skills 4 Life unit - https://www.kentscouts.org.uk/skills4life
- Share photos (providing consent has been given) or brief write up on Kent Beaver Facebook/Twitter page of the fantastic things the Colony have been up to on our Facebook and Twitter
- Take part in a cooking activity, either online or face to face
- Build a fire - it doesn’t have to be a real one…
- Support nature by making a feeder or a home e.g. bird feeder, bug hotel, hedgehog house – can you get any pictures of the birds enjoying their feast? RSBP - Make a recycled bird feeder
- Go on a litter pick with an adult from your household.
- Make a donation to a local food bank or animal rescue centre, find out about the work they do, perhaps see if you can pay them a virtual visit
- Take part in a virtual sleepover - https://www.kentscouts.org.uk/virtualcamps
- Find out about your local Cub Pack – who are your leaders, can you get them on a Zoom meeting?
- Learn a new skill and share what you have learned. Could you make a poster or a video?
- Go on a nature walk – can you identify 10 trees? Try the Woodland Trust Tree ID app