Youth Shaped Scouting
Youth Shaped Scouting is all about young people working in partnership with adults in Scouting, allowing young people to speak up, be heard, and work towards something they are passionate about.
We want every young person to shape their own adventure, take on responsibility, develop skills, make decisions and influence their Scouting programme and experience. The more young people are involved in shaping their Scouting experiences, the more they will get out of it, and the more likely they are to stay, do well and achieve their top awards.
Youth Shaped Scouting is split up into four key areas: Programme, Governance, Leadership and Management.
Nirav Patel and Liam Starling are the County Youth Commissioners for Kent Scouts.
Their role is to ensure that young people from 6-25 years old are involved and engaged in decisions that shape their Scouting experience locally and to empower young people to share their ideas and have a meaningful voice in planning, implementing and reviewing their programme and opportunities.
The County Youth Commissioners work in partnership with key members of the County Team and County Executive Committee.
One of their main roles is to support and develop District Youth Commissioners and Youth Shaped teams throughout the 22 Districts within the County.
- Youth Shaped Scouting - Activity Inspirations
- Beavers - Youth Shaped Postcards
- Beavers - Peer Leadership
- Cubs - Youth Shaped Postcards
- Cubs - Peer Leadership
- Scouts - Youth Shaped Postcards
- Scouts - Peer Leadership
- Explorers - Youth Shaped Postcards
- Explorers - Developing Leadership
- Explorer Scout Young Leaders - Nurturing talent and enhancing the Section
- Network - Youth Shaped Postcards
- Wear Their Necker - Factsheet
- Wear Their Necker - Certificate
- Getting Ahead - Scouting and Employability (Explorers & Network)
- Guide to Executive Committees for Young People
- Guide to Supporting Young People on Executive Committees
- Youth Shaped Scouting and Appointment Advisory Committees
Our County Youth Commissioners are on the search for inspiring individuals between the ages of 18-25 years old to join their team as Deputy County Youth Commissioners, if you are interested then please apply here.Deputy County Youth Commissioner Role Descriptions: Ages 6-14 - Ages 14-25 - Governance