Youth Shaped Scouting
Youth Shaped Scouting is all about young people working in partnership with adults in Scouting, allowing young people to speak up, be heard, and work towards something they are passionate about.
We want every young person to shape their own adventure, take on responsibility, develop skills, make decisions and influence their Scouting programme and experience. The more young people are involved in shaping their Scouting experiences, the more they will get out of it, and the more likely they are to stay, do well and achieve their top awards.
Youth Shaped Scouting is split up into four key areas: Programme, Governance, Leadership and Management.
Their role is to ensure that young people from 6-25 years old are involved and engaged in decisions that shape their Scouting experience locally and to empower young people to share their ideas and have a meaningful voice in planning, implementing and reviewing their programme and opportunities. The County Youth Commissioners work in partnership with key members of the County Team and County Executive Committee.
One of their main roles is to support and develop District Youth Commissioners and Youth Shaped teams throughout the 22 Districts within the County.
Nirav and Liam are also supported by their Deputy County Youth Commissioners: Isobel Myers, Adam Ray and Mia Glyn-Jones.
Isobel’s role as Deputy County Youth Commissioner (Governance) is to support the provision of young people on Executive Committees, Appointments Advisory Committees and Sub-Committees. Adam’s role as Deputy County Youth Commissioner (6-14) is to support youth shaped programmes and peer leadership in the Beavers, Cubs and Scouts sections. Mia’s role as Deputy County Youth Commissioner (14-25) is to support youth shaped programmes and the Young Leaders’ Scheme in the Explorers section as well as the provision for Top Awards in both the Explorers and Scout Network Sections.
- Youth Shaped Scouting - Activity Inspirations
- Beavers - Youth Shaped Postcards
- Beavers - Peer Leadership
- Cubs - Youth Shaped Postcards
- Cubs - Peer Leadership
- Scouts - Youth Shaped Postcards
- Scouts - Peer Leadership
- Explorers - Youth Shaped Postcards
- Explorers - Developing Leadership
- Explorer Scout Young Leaders - Nurturing talent and enhancing the Section
- Network - Youth Shaped Postcards
- Wear Their Necker - Factsheet
- Wear Their Necker - Certificate
- Getting Ahead - Scouting and Employability (Explorers & Network)
- Guide to Executive Committees for Young People
- Guide to Supporting Young People on Executive Committees
- Youth Shaped Scouting and Appointment Advisory Committees
- A Guide to Youth Commissioners
- Including Scouting in your Personal Statement and CV