Kent Scouts BIG cardboard sleep out for Porchlight 2022
1st June 2022
Following on from the success of the 2018 event once again Kent Scouts took to their cardboard shelters for the night to raise funds and awareness for Porchlight - Kent's largest charity for homeless and vulnerable people.
In October 2022, thousands of Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers in Kent raised funds for Porchlight by spending a night outside in cardboard boxes.
They raised a fantastic grand total of £44,097
The money raised will go straight towards Porchlight's work helping rough sleepers and vulnerable people across Kent.
- Last year Porchlight supported over 9,000 people across Kent
- Porchlight’s free helpline received 33,679 calls
- They supported more than 619 people who were rough sleeping in Kent
- Their community mental health service helped 5,800 people
- £5 covers the cost of a phone call to our free helpline
- £25 provides a pack of essential toiletries and food to someone moving into one of our hostels
- £80 pays for furniture and appliances to get someone set up after they move on from Porchlight into their own accommodation